Sodexo Reveals the 2018 Trends Shaping the Future of the Workplace
June 18, 2018
Australia, 18 June 2018 – Sodexo, world leader of quality of life services, has released its 2018 Global Workplace Trends report, featuring fresh insights for global workforce leaders and decision makers.
The report highlights the most critical factors affecting the future of work and demonstrates how an improved workplace experience is key to increasing companies’ performance and leads to better employee engagement.
This year’s report focuses on seven interconnected topics with the overarching theme, the need for collective intelligence across all workplace domains.
“Since 2012, Sodexo’s Global Workplace Trends have provided companies with a perspective on the trends that are shaping the future of workplaces around the world. As a global employer of over 420,000 and a national employer of over 5,000, these insights provide Sodexo with valuable knowledge to improve the quality of life for its team members. By using these insights to positively shape our workplace, we can enjoy the benefits of happy staff and improved performance within the organisation. These trends also allow us to assist our clients in planning and preparing their workplaces for the future,” said Nick O'Callaghan, CEO Corporate Services and Education – Sodexo
The featured 2018 Sodexo Workplace Trends include:
- Getting ready for Gen Z: With high expectations around technology and flexibility, while paying close attention to well-being and quality of life, Gen Z is reshaping the workplace in new and exciting ways for all generations.
- The Internet of Things: shaping the future for workplace: IoT-supported workplace environments are an opportunity to operate and engage businesses and employees in a more effective manner by improving comfort in physical spaces, flexibility, precision in the process and ultimately quality of life for everyone.
- Creating the emotionally intelligent workplace: Emotional intelligence has become a core skillset for high-performing organisations and leaders today. The workplace itself can be emotionally intelligent – by allowing people to bring their full spectrum of emotions to work, and aligning their fundamental human needs and motivations.
- Re-imagining resources in the sharing economy: Forward-thinking organisations are redefining their business models to leverage the benefits of the sharing economy
- Moving the needle of gender balance: To create a gender intelligent workplace, companies must examine the barriers that are holding back women and implement a cultural transformation driven by inclusive leaders.
- Human capital management 3.0: Human Capital Management (HCM) 3.0 is bringing all the different technologies and programs (learning, recognition, wellness) together to transform the work experience into the life experience. HCM aims to enhance the employee experience and help organisations perform at their best.
- Employees: New change for corporate responsibility: Employees are now key stakeholders when it comes to shaping CR strategies. It is important for companies to give their workforce a voice, enabling them to feel fulfilled—while working toward a better future for all.
Discover the 2018 Global Workplace Trends report online, or send an email to the press contact.
About Sodexo in Australia: Sodexo in Australia employs a diverse workforce of over 5,000 employees. Sodexo delivers a unique array of over 100 integrated services lines including: catering, facilities management, concierge services, security, asset maintenance and hospitality services in the following segments: Corporate, Healthcare & Seniors, Education, Justice and Energy & Resources both on and off shore.
About Sodexo: Founded in Marseille in 1966 by Pierre Bellon, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 80 countries, Sodexo serves 100 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services, Benefits and Rewards Services and Personal and Home Services. Through its more than 100 services, Sodexo provides clients an integrated offering developed over 50 years of experience: from food services, reception, maintenance and cleaning, to facilities and equipment management; from services and programs fostering employees’ engagement to solutions that simplify and optimize their mobility and expenses management, to in-home assistance, child care centres and concierge services. Sodexo’s success and performance are founded on its independence, its sustainable business model and its ability to continuously develop and engage its 427,000 employees throughout the world. Sodexo is included in the CAC 40 and DJSI indices.
For a copy of the press release, please download the PDF.
Press release (PDF)